The Department occupies the eight floors of the east wing of Russell Laboratories.
- Labs – Research laboratories on floors two to eight are extensively equipped. Modern teaching labs are located on the first and second floors.
- Growth Chambers – We are equipped with several growth chambers that have controlled light and temperature regimes for use in research and teaching.
- Greenhouses – Nearby are greenhouses, which provides selective control over physical conditions and permits duplication of environmental conditions almost anywhere on earth.
- Experimental Farms – Ten experimental farms located throughout Wisconsin offer various conditions for field research.
- Modern microscopy facilities – are available in the Newcomb Imaging Center housed in the Department of Botany.
- Biotechnology Center – This nearby facility provides services in DNA and protein synthesis and sequencing, mass spectrometry, and bioinformatics.
- Onsite computer lab and help desk located on the fourth floor.
- Personal computers and printers in individual labs.
- Wireless and high-speed wired networks throughout the building.
- Free shared and individual cloud storage.
- Free email and productivity suite software.
- Statistical consulting and computing services located in the nearby Animal Sciences Building.
- Free and low cost access to a number of software packages through DoIT, the main campus computing facility.
- Discounts on purchasing desktops, laptops, and tablets.