As consumer, industry, and social engagement with organic agriculture expands, the Certificate in Organic Agriculture provides undergraduate students excellent opportunities for learning on a variety of levels, including hands-on experiences.
While the certificate focuses on the production and processing approaches that define organic agriculture, students can also explore other dimensions including economic environmental, health, food systems, and policy.
The interdisciplinary certificate can help UW students from various majors develop employment opportunities in:
- organic agriculture businesses (farm to fork)
- public and non-governmental agency work
- individual wellness and health initiatives
- sustainable development efforts.
- Official UW Guide page – includes requirements, learning outcomes, advising and careers, list of instructors and advisor
- UW Organic Collective website